It's nice to see the quick pace of innovation in photography once again from many of the major players; Canon, Nikon, Fuji, Panasonic/Lumix, PhaseOne, Hasselblad, Sigma, and Sony. Sony's new A1 series reflects the palpable excitement we're now seeing back in the professional and enthusiast camera markets. This new camera is packet with the latest technology, from new microprocessors to sensors, and some of its parts will be used by other manufacturers to push the boundaries of what they make.
This rapid pace of innovation can also mean faster obsolescence. And it's rewarding to kwon that the Outex underwater housing system supports your entire arsenal of cameras and lenses. The Outex Pro Kit already supports the Sony Alpha A1 series, just as it did the A7, A9, and AIII cameras before, along with all of Sony's optical glass. And just as exciting, is the knowledge that you can also use your Outex gear on multiple brands. So if you toolkit includes a Canon EOS R camera, a Nikon DSLR D850, a Hasselblad X, or even film cameras, it's nice to know your Outex investment is protected, and you can use all of them in a single shoot.
A large part of the Outex community makes Sony cameras part of their arsenal of cameras, and many of our ambassadors have relationships with Sony. Regardless of biased opinions one way or another, it's great to know your housing system is compatible all the way around.
The Outex malleable, tactile-rich cover compound materials enable full operational control over all aspects of the camera and lens. You can turn knobs, press buttons, turn dials, and maintain tactile feedback from the camera. It's like a doctor operating with gloves, but the glove is on the camera.
Here are some examples.
First one showing usability on a Sony Mirrorless camera. Notice you can use both the viewfinder as well as the LCD, along with all buttons, even behind the glass.
This second example shows a Canon EOS R camera with battery grip used underwater. Purchase the Pro Kit in our online PRODUCTS page. We ship worldwide, and you select the shipping timing, service, and method. Buy here.
And an extreme example using both a Nikon Z series camera with an Atomos Ninja V recorder for ProRes RAW video output tethered together underwater for the launch of the Z-6 with Nikon Ambassador Lucas Gilman and Discovery Channel TV host Kinga Philipps.
New A1 feature highlights include:
- New 50.1-megapixel (approx., effective) full-frame stacked Exmor RS™ CMOS image sensor in combination with an upgraded BIONZ XR™ imaging processing (1) engine with eight times more processing power
- Blackout- free continuous shooting at up to 30 frames per second(2)
- Fast sensor readout enables up to 120 AF/AE calculations per second(3), double the speed of the Alpha 9 II, even during 30fps continuous shooting
- Bright and large 0.64-type 9.44 million-dot (approx.) OLED Quad-XGA electronic viewfinder with the world’s first(4) refresh rate of 240 fps
- Silent, vibration-free electronic shutter
- World’s first anti-flicker(5) shooting with both mechanical and electronic shutter
- Electronic shutter flash sync(6) up to 1/200 sec. for the first time in the Alpha™ series
- World’s fastestv mechanical shutter flash sync up to 1/400 sec.
- 8K 30p 10-bit 4:2:0 XAVC HS video recording with 8.6K oversampling for extraordinary detail and resolution, in addition to 4K 120p(8) 10-bit 4:2:2 movie shooting capabilities
- Wide dynamic range of 15 stops for stills(9) and 15+ stops for video(10)
- Improved Real-time Eye AF (autofocus) for humans and animals, and new Real-time Eye AF for birds(11), as well as Real-time Tracking that automatically maintains accurate focus
- 5-axis optical in-body image stabilization for a 5.5-step(12) shutter speed advantage
- S-Cinetone color matrix as seen in FX9 and FX6 to deliver expressive cinematic look
- Professional workflow support with the industry’s fastest(13) built-in Wi-Fi, SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps, 1000BASE-T Ethernet and more
For additional details checkout Sony's Alpha Universe page.
Purchase the Outex Pro Kit in our online store. We ship worldwide. Here's a link to our Pro Kit page.